Select Insurance Product Here
Tenants insurance on line
  Insurance Product Locator
  Use this Search facility or select from the Menu below
site search by freefind

Landlord Rental Insurance HomeLet - Rentguard - Intasure -


Tenants Rental Insurance HomeLet - Rentguard-

  Buy to Let Landlords Insurance
  Holiday Homes Property Insurance & UK & Overseas Property Insurance
  Second Home Property Insurance including chalet/cabin
  Home & Contents Property Insurance for the UK including Listed Buildings

Blocks of Flats Insurance

  Business Insurance
  Northern Ireland Residents Insurance

Bicycle Insurance

  Car-Bike-Van- Caravan-Taxi- Motor vehicle Insurance

Holiday & Travel Insurance

Gap Year Backpacker Insurance
Car hire / van hire / motor home hire excess insurance
Car Hire / van Hire / Motorhome Hire / Minibus Hire Excess Insurance from Questor

Pet Insurance

Business Insurance

Wedding Insurance

Boat Insurance

Health and life Insurance
  Other Insurance

Self drive hire vehicle company rental insurance

Tenants Insurance

Tenants very often overlook this, especially those who have never rented before. To a tenant who has just paid the first months rent plus a deposit and administration fees in order to move into the property, insurance is the last thing on their mind. Recent studies have shown that less only 1 -20 tenants have any contents cover at all. More Here

(Click on logo for more information from these providers and follow the link into their websites)





n Instant online quotes and immediate cover. Pay monthly or annually. Insurance for Tenants (including Students)& Landlords - Pay by Credit card or Direct debit.

Face the facts..... Did you know that domestic burglary accounts for 8% of all recorded crime in the UK? Are you covered in the event of a burglary?

Most tenancy agreements state that it is the tenants responsibility for any damage to their landlords property. Are you covered?

Over 100,000 bicycles are stolen every year. Thieves love them because they can be sold easily and anonymously. Are you covered?

Is your laptop insured?

The average cost of a student burglary is £900. The most commonly stolen items are personal laptops / computers and other electrical goods. Are you covered?

Is your Landlord going to keep your deposit? Are you covered?

If you are renting a property the insurance that the owner has will probably not cover your own belongings. You should take out your own contents insurance.

See section further down this page - Tenants Contents Insurance 


Homelet tenants insurance

HomeLet provides a range of insurance and other related products for tenants:


Top of Page


Rentguard tenants insurance


Rentguard Insurance


Rentguard Insurance has years of experiences specialising in Landlord and Tenants Insurance. We are confident to provide you with the most comprehensive Tenant Insurance at extremely competitive rates that fits your needs.

Our Special Features:

  • Policy documents sent out within 24 hours
  • Typical Savings of 35% on all policies
  • Instant Quote & Buy Online 24/7
  • Single or Block Schemes
  • Excellent customer services


Our Tenants Insurance: -

 Tenants Contents Insurance 

Our policy is available for all residential tenants (including students) living in any properties of all sizes throughout the UK. All standard perils are covered.


  • Accidental Damage Cover
  • Accidental Loss of Oil and Metered Water
  • Temporary Removal
  • Alternative Accommodation Cover
  • Tenants Liability to the public up to £2,000,000
  • Personal Possessions Cover worldwide (up to 60 days)

Rentguard which is a trading name of RGA Group Ltd, authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered in England No. 4302819. BIBA membership no: 4733

Top of Page

Intasure Tenants insurance

With Intasure you can cover your liability for accidental damage to your landlord's property, its furniture, furnishings, fixtures and fittings. You also have the option to cover your own possessions (personal belongings that are owned by you and not the landlord). In addition this is a "portable" policy, so if you move to a new rental address, the policy will transfer with you.

Under your tenancy agreement you will probably be responsible for any accidental damage you cause to any of the landlord's fixtures and fittings. However, with Intasure our cover provides you with up to £4,000 of protection for any sums you are legally liable to pay as a tenant under a tenancy agreement in respect of accidental damage to your landlord's fixtures, fittings, furniture and furnishings. This cover is especially relevant if the property you are renting is also furnished by your landlord.

Intasure is a trading style of Blenheim Park Ltd, Registered in England with Company Number 4990061. Authorised and Regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority - FCA, registered number 311572

Top of Page


Tenants Contents Insurance

Although a conventional home contents policy will give a basic degree of cover for most insured perils it is not specifically designed for tenants and there can be some major gaps in the cover you need. Often the minimum sum you can insure for will be far in excess of what the tenant needs, typically a minimum of £10,000 - £12,000.

Most specialist tenant policies will provide the tenant with cover starting from £2,500 upwards and will usually cover accidental damage that you may cause to the landlords fixture, fittings, buildings and contents. Should the tenant accidentally damage the carpet with a wine stain or hot iron or a work surface with a hot pan mark, these events will be covered. Usually the tenancy agreement will make the tenant legally liable for such damage, any damage found at the time of the check-out will be deducted from the deposit or security bond. If the tenant has adequate insurance these events will be covered, thereby protecting your deposit.

If a Tenant has a loss through, burglary, fire, flood or other insured peril, which has damaged their contents and have no insurance for their personal possessions they are then left with the cost of replacing the items themselves.

Any items of personal property (clothes, furniture, computers etc) a tenant takes into the property it is their responsibility to insure. Most policies will give an option for basic cover which can usually be extended to cover high risk personal items which are taken outside the home, on holiday or Worldwide i.e. Cameras, sports equipment, clothes, jewellery etc.

In certain high-risk inner city post codes there will usually be a requirement to have minimum-security locks on doors and accessible windows. Do also take into account the conditions of insurance policies, regarding keeping windows and doors secured when the Tenant is not in the property. For further information click on the appropriate insurance company logos on this page.

N.B. This information should not be relied on for accuracy and is presented here without the responsibility of jml Property Service and the website it is being displayed at. ©jml property Services 12-04

Top of Page

New to letting or renting? Take a look at our tenants advice guide

SEE Security Tips for Property Owners

Zurich Insurance claims that UK Tenants are gambling with their possessions - survey results published March 2008.

According to Zurich Insurance UK tenants are gambling nearly £8 billion of personal possessions by not protecting themselves against crime or bad weather.

They have reported that almost a million private tenants representing 37 per cent of those surveyed confessed that they have no home contents insurance even though the fact that a third said they estimate their personal possessions to be worth more than £10,000 in value. Some have individual items worth over £1,500.

In the survey, 22 per cent admitted it would take over two years to replace all of their possessions if they were damaged or stolen. A third thought that they would never be able to afford all of their personal belongings.

In the survey one in ten tenants who do not have insurance believe that their landlord's insurance policy covers their contents which would very rarely occur in reality.

A quarter of those surveyed believe that their risk is simply not high enough to make insurance worthwhile.

The survey found that other financial commitments take priority. These are paying bills fifty six per cent - debt repayments thirty six per cent - pension contributions twelve per cent. Other reasons for not taking out contents insurance were preferring to spend money on holidays, new clothes and socialising.

Steven Gilbert Zurich Insurance's home underwriting manager said" Home contents insurance is often seen by tenants as non essential. Be it funding other financial priorities, their lifestyles or even perhaps saving to get a foot on the property ladder themselves, they need to be aware that not having insurance could cost them dearly in the long run - especially if faced with the daunting prospect of replacing all their possessions".

Top of Page

Going away on holiday / traveling? Click here for details about Travel insurance

ARE YOU GOING TO COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY IN THE UK? Did you know that they can get insurance for your rental room, flat or house? CLICK HERE for more information

Student Insurance Services

Top of Page

Property Insurance


UK main residence Property Insurance

















Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map| About us | jml Property Insurance Press Room

jml Property Insurance.co.uk /jml Property Services acts purely as an online web promotion service for insurance companies. We are not insurance brokers and are unable to offer advice or deal with any of our advertisers enquiries. It is not an insurance comparison price website.. All dealing must be with the insurance company that you will gain access to via a link from this website. jml Property Services are unable to give advice either verbally or in writing regarding insurance or assist with changes to insurance policies that you have taken out. You must contact the insurer direct. We are therefore unable to provide any quotes ourselves as we would be breaking the law.

Please note: The General Data Protection Regulations May 25th 2018 - Please note we do not collect any personal information from visitors to this website. Links to Google Analytics were removed in March 2018.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: By continuing to use this website you shall be deemed to be bound by and to have accepted our Terms of Use - Privacy - Cookies

jml Property Services is a trading name of Jeffrey Milner Ltd - PO Box 80 - Princes Risborough - Buckinghamshire - HP27 0WA - England - Established 1979

© 2004 - 2021 jml Property Insurance - Regularly updated - All rights reserved

Find us at | | |