Select Insurance Product Here
Low cost Students contents insurance on line
  Insurance Product Locator
  Use this Search facility or select from the Menu below
site search by freefind

Landlord Rental Insurance HomeLet - Rentguard - Intasure -


Tenants Rental Insurance HomeLet - Rentguard-

  Buy to Let Landlords Insurance
  Holiday Homes Property Insurance & UK & Overseas Property Insurance
  Second Home Property Insurance including chalet/cabin
  Home & Contents Property Insurance for the UK including Listed Buildings

Blocks of Flats Insurance

  Business Insurance
  Northern Ireland Residents Insurance

Bicycle Insurance

  Car-Bike-Van- Caravan-Taxi- Motor vehicle Insurance

Holiday & Travel Insurance

Gap Year Backpacker Insurance
Car hire / van hire / motor home hire excess insurance
Car Hire / van Hire / Motorhome Hire / Minibus Hire Excess Insurance from Questor

Pet Insurance

Business Insurance

Wedding Insurance

Boat Insurance

Health and life Insurance
  Other Insurance

Self drive hire vehicle company rental insurance

Students Insurance

   Gap Year Backpacker Insurance Here

Going to College or University or are you already there?

Do you have insurance for your possessions in your room or rented flat or house?

It is essential if you are living in digs, a flat, shared accommodation, student house or a hall of residence. What happens if your personal possessions are stolen or destroyed? Can you afford to replace them? The cost of insurance is extremely small if you compare it to the replacement cost should the unexpected happen.

Is your laptop insured? or

Think about the cost of replacing a cd player (the cds as well), your computer, clothes and other personal belongings, even you bike! You really don't want to have to add these costs to your student loan. (see the section at the bottom of this page)

What happens if this occurs on the landlord's carpet?

Students should look at their insurance needs now....More Here

Time to think about University or College.. Don't forget Student insurance Article on jml insurance Blog.......More Here


Endsleigh Student Possessions and Gadget Insurance

Endsleigh has been the UK's number 1 student insurance provider for over 40 years and are the only company recommended by the NUS. Endsleigh offer low cost policies, with a minimum cover to £2,500 at no extra cost to the student.

The policy will cover students in halls or shared accommodation off campus, even if there is no forced entry into their room. It will also offer cover for their laptops/possessions both inside and outside of their rooms.


When living in rented or shared accommodation it can be difficult to find the right level of cover at the right price to insure your belongings, but not with Endsleigh. Endsleigh covers possessions from £3,000 to £80,000 and consider themselves experts in providing tenants insurance. Endsleigh understand tenants insurance needs and have a flexible range of specially designed low cost policies.

Bicycle Insurance

Endsleigh offers specialist insurance to cover your bike against theft and accidental damage, whether you own a mountain bike or family shopper.

  • Cover against accidental damage and theft in the UK
  • Up to 30 days cover in Europe automatically included

Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.


New to letting or renting?

Take a look at our landlords advice - Tips for landlords and tenants advice and Tips for tenants guides

Why do I need Landlords Insurance? and Article on Landlord Insurance

Student Accommodation Guide at jmlproperty services site


Information for Students on Tenants Contents Insurance

This is something that is often overlooked, especially those who have never rented before. For someone who has paid the first months rent plus a deposit and administration fees to the university, college, letting agent or landlord direct in order to move into the property, insurance is the last thing on their mind.

Recent studies have shown that less only 1 -20 tenants have any contents cover at all. Although a conventional home contents policy will give a basic degree of cover for most insured perils it is not specifically designed for tenants and there can be some major gaps in the cover you need. Often the minimum sum you can insure for will be far in excess of what the tenant needs, typically a minimum of £10,000 - £12,000.

Most specialist tenant policies will provide the tenant with cover starting from £2,500 upwards and will usually cover accidental damage that you may cause to the landlords fixture, fittings, buildings and contents. Should the student / tenant accidentally damage the carpet with a wine stain or hot iron or a work surface with a hot pan mark, these events will be covered. Usually the tenancy agreement will make the tenant legally liable for such damage, any damage found at the time of the check-out will be deducted from the deposit or security bond. If the tenant has adequate insurance these events will be covered, thereby protecting your deposit.

If a Tenant has a loss through, burglary, fire, flood or other insured peril, which has damaged their contents and have no insurance for their personal possessions they are then left with the cost of replacing the items themselves.

Any items of personal property (clothes, furniture, computers etc) a tenant takes into the property it is their responsibility to insure. Most policies will give an option for basic cover which can usually be extended to cover high risk personal items which are taken outside the home, on holiday or Worldwide i.e. Cameras, sports equipment, clothes, jewellery etc.

In certain high-risk inner city post codes there will usually be a requirement to have minimum-security locks on doors and accessible windows. Do also take into account the conditions of insurance policies, regarding keeping windows and doors secured when the Tenant is not in the property. For further information click on the appropriate insurance company logos on this page.

N.B. This information should not be relied on for accuracy and is presented here without the responsibility of jml Property Service and the website it is being displayed at. ©jml property Services 06-05

DEPOSITS From April 2007 under the 2004 Housing Act Landlords will no longer be able to hold deposits with AST tenancies unless they have them registered with a specific scheme. See Tenancy Deposit Scheme


Information for landlords letting or thinking of letting a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) - New Rules for Landlords - Anti-Social Behaviour Act (Scotland) 2004 - Click Here for further information



Property Insurance


UK main residence Property Insurance

















Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map| About us | jml Property Insurance Press Room

jml Property Insurance.co.uk /jml Property Services acts purely as an online web promotion service for insurance companies. We are not insurance brokers and are unable to offer advice or deal with any of our advertisers enquiries. It is not an insurance comparison price website.. All dealing must be with the insurance company that you will gain access to via a link from this website. jml Property Services are unable to give advice either verbally or in writing regarding insurance or assist with changes to insurance policies that you have taken out. You must contact the insurer direct. We are therefore unable to provide any quotes ourselves as we would be breaking the law.

Please note: The General Data Protection Regulations May 25th 2018 - Please note we do not collect any personal information from visitors to this website. Links to Google Analytics were removed in March 2018.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: By continuing to use this website you shall be deemed to be bound by and to have accepted our Terms of Use - Privacy - Cookies

jml Property Services is a trading name of Jeffrey Milner Ltd - PO Box 80 - Princes Risborough - Buckinghamshire - HP27 0WA - England - Established 1979

© 2004 - 2019 jml Property Insurance - Regularly updated - All rights reserved

Find us at | | |