Select Insurance Product Here
Insurance Article
  Insurance Product Locator
  Use this Search facility or select from the Menu below
site search by freefind

Landlord Rental Insurance HomeLet - Rentguard - Intasure -


Tenants Rental Insurance HomeLet - Rentguard-

  Buy to Let Landlords Insurance
  Holiday Homes Property Insurance & UK & Overseas Property Insurance
  Second Home Property Insurance including chalet/cabin
  Home & Contents Property Insurance for the UK including Listed Buildings

Blocks of Flats Insurance

  Business Insurance
  Northern Ireland Residents Insurance

Bicycle Insurance

  Car-Bike-Van- Caravan-Taxi- Motor vehicle Insurance

Holiday & Travel Insurance

Gap Year Backpacker Insurance
Car hire / van hire / motor home hire excess insurance
Car Hire / van Hire / Motorhome Hire / Minibus Hire Excess Insurance from Questor

Pet Insurance

Business Insurance

Wedding Insurance

Boat Insurance

Health and life Insurance
  Other Insurance

Self drive hire vehicle company rental insurance

Own a property overseas? Is the insurance policy written in English? By Philip Suter

With so many English speaking people now having a second home overseas it is vitally important that the insurance is written in a language you can understand.

A lot of insurance documentation is difficult to comprehend in your own native language and if it is written in the language of the country your property is in it can give you a major headache.

First of all you might not know what you are covered for and not covered for. Does your insurance cover you for a burst pipe between the water supply in the street and the inside of the property? What about if the home is empty, how many weeks can it be left unoccupied? Does the insurance company insist that you turn off the electricity and gas when no one is living there?

These are all very important issues, however if your property is in Italy and your Italian is not very good, you could have major problems if you need to claim.

The other important issue is of being able to contact the insurance company easily, again if your language skills are weak you are much better talking to a representative in your native country.

There are now several UK Insurance companies offering insurance services for holiday homes, second homes and main residence overseas and back in the UK. Well known names like Andrew Copeland, Intasure and Staysure and Rentguard and Letsure in the UK market. These well known companies all advertise on the www.jml-property-insurance.co.uk website.

What is very important is that you can normally pay in a currency that suits you. For example if you in Britain they will accept a payment from your UK bank and you don't have to venture into overseas account for the annual premium. This is a great advantage if you are in a situation where you have to transfer funds to an overseas bank account which is normally an expensive business unless you are transferring from one Euro based country to another.

In the event of having to make a claim, contacting the English speaking specialist insurance companies is much easier than in a foreign language situation. Many of these companies have a 24 hour help line and claim forms can be downloaded off web sites or emailed to a client at their destination. Most of these companies will also operate during normal office hours and they don't close for a couple of hours half way through the day.

All in all if you own a holiday home or second property in a country that does not share the same language as you do, then it makes sense to buy one in the language you can understand. So if you are an Irish person with a property in Spain, a British person with a property in Finland insuring it with an insurance company that is not based in locally to the property can be a lot easier to understand.

N.B. This information should not be relied on for accuracy and is presented here without the responsibility of jml Property Service and the website it is being displayed at. ©jml property Services 02-11

Bookmark and Share

Back to Insurance Articles


Looking for Holiday Home / Second Home - Overerseas - UK - Ireland Property Insurance? Click on logo below

Looking for Holiday Home Property Insurance for your self catering holiday home property? Click on the logo below and get a quote from Andrew Copeland Insurance

or Intasure

Looking for Landlords Insurance Click on the Homelet logo below and get an immediate competitive quote on line from one of the UK's biggest rental property insurance specialists.

Property Insurance


UK main residence Property Insurance

















Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map| About us | jml Property Insurance Press Room

jml Property Insurance.co.uk /jml Property Services acts purely as an online web promotion service for insurance companies. We are not insurance brokers and are unable to offer advice or deal with any of our advertisers enquiries. It is not an insurance comparison price website.. All dealing must be with the insurance company that you will gain access to via a link from this website. jml Property Services are unable to give advice either verbally or in writing regarding insurance or assist with changes to insurance policies that you have taken out. You must contact the insurer direct. We are therefore unable to provide any quotes ourselves as we would be breaking the law.

Please note: The General Data Protection Regulations May 25th 2018 - Please note we do not collect any personal information from visitors to this website. Links to Google Analytics were removed in March 2018.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: By continuing to use this website you shall be deemed to be bound by and to have accepted our Terms of Use - Privacy - Cookies

jml Property Services is a trading name of Jeffrey Milner Ltd - PO Box 80 - Princes Risborough - Buckinghamshire - HP27 0WA - England - Established 1979

© 2004 - 2021 jml Property Insurance - Regularly updated - All rights reserved

Find us at | | |