Landlord / Tenant Rental insurance - Overseas Property insurance - Holiday Homes insurance - Travel insurance - Boat Insurance - Motor insurance - Car Hire Excess insurance - Van hire excess insurance - Motorhome excess insurance - Pet Insurance - Wedding Insurance - Cycle & Motor Bike Insurance and a lot more.........

Please note that you must check the terms and conditions at any site you purchase insurance products from that you will accessed from a link on this site (and also if you are outside the UK as it has now left the EU)

  Insurance Product Locator
  Use this Search facility or select from the Menu below
site search by freefind

Landlord Rental Insurance HomeLet - Rentguard - Intasure -


Tenants Rental Insurance HomeLet - Rentguard-

  Buy to Let Landlords Insurance
  Holiday Homes Property Insurance & UK & Overseas Property Insurance
  Home & Contents Property Insurance for the UK including Listed Buildings

Blocks of Flats Insurance

  Business Insurance
  Car-Bike-Van- Caravan-Taxi- Motor vehicle Insurance

Holiday & Travel Insurance

Car hire / van hire / motor home hire excess insurance
Car Hire / van Hire / Motorhome Hire / Minibus Hire Excess Insurance from Questor

Pet Insurance

Business Insurance

Wedding Insurance

Boat Insurance

Health and life Insurance
  Other Insurance

Holiday Home and second home property insurance written in English is a must for those with language difficulties


29th January 2013

Summary: Overseas and domestic holiday home ownership still very high and numerous owners have problems with foreign languages, so it is vitally important that their insurance policy is written in English.

When a property owner has found that dream property it's absolutely crucial that they get it fully insured. Without the right insurance policy, they could have problems when they come to claim and find out that they don't have the cover they thought they should have had. If the owner is not fluent in the local language, arranging cover or even making a claim through a local insurer can be problematic.

If a property owner is not fluent in the local language, arranging cover or even making a claim through a local insurer can be problematic, therefore it makes sense to choose an insurance company with the policies written in "plain English".

This also applies to owners of main residences in popular locations like, Spain, Portugal, France and Italy.

In the majority of cases wherever people choose to buy a holiday home, in the majority of cases they are not going to live there full time and need to know that their investment is properly protected.

Having the right insurance is all about understanding what assets are owned, what liabilities the owner is exposed to and what external events can occur which will put the insured at risk.

Local insurance policies can include variations and exclusions relating to burglary, accidental damage or personal liability claims. Some of these might not include water supply or gas supply pipes or electric cables to the property becoming damaged. There might be restrictions on letting out the property as a holiday rental or longer let. Other policies might only give a maximum of 90 days un-occupancy at a time and this is not very satisfactory particular if the owner lives in it for six months of the year and moves to a warmer climate for the other six months.

It is imperative that anyone taking out insurance on their property checks all the details ("small print") thoroughly and if they need to keep the electricity on to keep the heating, internet or burglar alarm working they must make sure that they let the insurance company know this from the start. This type of action will avoid problems when a claim occurs particularly if there was a fire caused by an electrical fault and under the terms of the policy, the electricity was meant to be switched off!

jml property-insurance. has been promoting insurance companies selling policies written in English for a number of years now. They not only have companies advertising on the jml Insurance websites that cover the UK only, like Letsure, Rentguard, Devon Direct and Allsytles, but companies that cover the majority of European countries like Staysure for the over 50's, Andrew Copeland Insurance and Intasure. Intasure ("insurance that speaks your language") will also cover main residences, so if the owner lives in France or Germany for example and just have their main residence there they can cover it. They can also cover main residence back in the UK as well.

These insurance companies are not just targeting their products to the UK market. If the owner is Irish, Italian or German and living in their native country with a holiday home in Portugal for example they should be able to get cover.

A spokesperson for jml Property Insurance said "Home owners are reminded that when they arrange their insurance cover, that they must make sure the buildings costs are for the correct cost of rebuilding. Unfortunately many individuals think that they should get building insurance at market value. This is not the case. It is all to do with re-building the property on the land that is already owned by them. If a property was worth 190,000 last year and maybe the market price has gone up to 210,000 this year, this has nothing to do with re-building costs.

"The client already owns the "land" the property is situated on and so assuming the property was destroyed by fire the insurance has to cover the removal or repair of the building shell and the erecting or repair for the replacement. The sum insured should be sufficient to rebuild all buildings as well as all outdoor structures such as swimming pools, terracing or perimeter walls."

Full details of companies advertising insurance for holiday homes and main residences can be found at It could be the best move someone makes this year.


Company Information

jml is part of jml Property Services, the trading name of Jeffrey Milner Ltd. The company is an UK based company that was established in 1979. jml insurance acts as a promoter for insurance companies selling property insurance including landlord and tenant rental products, pet insurance, wedding insurance, motor insurance, car hire excess insurance )via ) travel insurance and non standard insurance products. They also operate an online low cost villa advertising service marketing service for owners of holiday home property to advertise and are part of the jml Group that includes jml Training and Consultancy.

jml Property Services January 2013

Find out more about Overseas Property insurance and UK Holiday Home insurance

xxxxx xxxx\


Return to jml insurance Press Releases

See Also

jml Insurance Press Releases

Independent insurance Articles

Insurance Industry News Press Releases 2012

Insurance Industry News Press Releases 2011

Insurance Industry News Press Releases 2010

Insurance Industry Ne Press Releases 2009

Insurance Industry News Press Releases 2008

Insurance Industry News Press Releases 2001 -2007 Press Releases

Irish Property Press Releases

jml Press Releases

jml / Media Coverage


Property Insurance

















jml Property /jml Property Services acts purely as an online web promotion service for insurance companies. We are not insurance brokers and are unable to offer advice or deal with any of our advertisers enquiries. It is not an insurance comparison price website.. All dealing must be with the insurance company that you will gain access to via a link from this website. jml Property Services are unable to give advice either verbally or in writing regarding insurance or assist with changes to insurance policies that you have taken out. You must contact the insurer direct. We are therefore unable to provide any quotes ourselves as we would be breaking the law.

Please note: The General Data Protection Regulations May 25th 2018 - Please note we do not collect any personal information from visitors to this website. Links to Google Analytics were removed in March 2018.

Find us at

| |

Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map| About us | jml Property Insurance Press Room


jml Property Services is a trading name of Jeffrey Milner Ltd - PO Box 80 - Princes Risborough - Buckinghamshire - HP27 0WA - England - Established 1979

2004 - 2021 jml Property Insurance - Regularly updated - All rights reserved